Sunday, July 31, 2011

Warning .........LOTS pictures of my finally finished sewing room.....well almost




I will consider it finished when I get my valances made and the bags of fabric (more scraps) put away that are hidden behind cabinet doors. A chance to post my room on Pink Chalk Studios prompted me to finish it.


Pink Chalk Studio


Sewing area designed by me.
A comfy couch to sit upon and stitch.
Glimpse of my trusty old sewing machine and my cutting mat
Rulers and quilt stencils

Cabinet for my magazines, ASE, Creative Needle, Sew Beautiful, my A-Z books, SAGA News, and other needlework booksInside of my magazine cabinet. I have all the holder's labeled now.



My grandmother's sewing machine, the linens on the sides are from her house also. I picked the round one up in an antique store. The basket on the left is full of scraps from my granddaughter's outfits that I have made her over the last 10+ years. I plan to make her a quilt one day. The other 2 baskets holds various quilting projects.


Piping, ribbon and rick rack drawer


Big 3 patterns for me, DD and DGD - the drawer with my heirloom patterns disappeared and I'm too put it back now..........

Drawer for my sewing thread

Piping, ribbon and rick rack drawer Notions drawer



Drawer for my embroidery thread and a few buttons

Drawer with more embroidery thread, silk ribbon and various other embroidery supplies



My tools drawer; floppy disks for my embroidery machine (I hope one day to upgrade), tape measures, pins, various tools for sewing.
This cabinet hold my "fashion fabrics". One of these days I will actually get around to sewing something for me out of it. This cabinet is over a closet and holds all my "vintage" patterns - 40+ years of sewing. Woah, did I say that??

This cabinet holds my embroidery supplies, interfacing, buttons, hem tape, etc.




This is not all of the cabinets and drawers on "my side". I'm sure you are tired of looking now.



These brown cabinets are on DH's side of the room. He reluctantly let me put my "stuff" on his side.


In front of the shelves below are baskets with smaller scraps in them.
Above are my quilting scraps that I have collected over the years. You won't find designer fabrics of today in here, just 30+ years for sewing scraps collected
The cabinet next to it houses more crochet yarn, cross stich yardage, kits and books. Also odds and ends of fabric.
This is the top half of the cabinet below; in it I have crochet and quilting books and magazines.
In this cabinet you will find crochet yarn in the black organizers. I found them at our local Family Dollar store, 3 for $10.00. Above the yarn are some of my sewing books.




Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Found you on Pink Chalk Studio -- your sewing space is amazing!

    I have that New Home machine and is it not absolutely the best, most reliable machine ever made? I bought mine used about 15+ years ago and the woman I bought it from tries to buy it back every time is see her. I told her to wait for my estate sale!

    Thanks for sharing your wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive organization and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautifully organised room. LOVE the picture of your quilting scraps which was what I googled to find pictures of. They look so tempting :)

    ReplyDelete